Wednesday, October 12, 2016

Trans is ugly

I recently stumbled on a before and after picture showing a reasonably pretty young woman transformed into a ridiculous looking male impersonator. This was being passed around with acclamations of "Trans Is Beautiful!"

Bullshit. I don't know what possesses a woman to do this to herself, and I'm willing be compassionate and understanding, but no, cutting your breasts and going from a pretty girl into an oddly feminine looking boy isn't beautiful. It's horrifying. And the people who are encouraging this are liars.

It's hard for me to believe someone who disfigures herself in this way won't one day regret it, but I'm willing to concede that people are weird. I'm pretty confident, though, that troubles that make someone do this won't be cured by the surgery, and they won't go away no matter how much acceptance and affirmation people pour on her. Because she's not beautiful. She had beauty, and something possessed her to throw it away.